This privacy notice describes how Thomas Murray Property Ltd (“we”, “us”, “the Agency”) collect and use personal information about you while we provide services to you and afterwards, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We are a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are legally required to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice. This notice does not form part of our Terms of Engagement to provide our services. We may update this notice at any time.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
To comply with data protection law, the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about and as directed by HMRC (in respect of Anti Money Laundering Regulations) and RICS for valuations and sales.
- Kept securely.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
- Personal data, or personal information, means any information about you from which you can be identified. There are also “special categories” of more sensitive personal data, which require a higher level of protection.
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses
- Information to enable us to verify your identity, including copies of photographic identification and your date of birth
- Marital status and dependants
- Where necessary, details about your personal finances including your bank account details
HOW WE WILL USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- In relation to “special categories” of particularly sensitive information, for example about your health and criminal convictions, with your consent, or, where you are not capable of giving your consent but it is necessary for us to use the information to protect your interests.
- In relation to automated decision making only when we have obtained your explicit consent to use the same.
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it and reasons that are compatible with that purpose.
DATA SHARING, DATA SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
We may have to share your data with third parties, including other professionals involved in our work for you, our regulators where necessary and IT service providers. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Details of these measures are available on request. We limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of this where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Details are available on request.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE AND RESTRICTION
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information and to receive a copy of it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
To assert any of these rights please contact us in writing. You will not have to pay a fee to exercise your rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
In limited circumstances where you may have provided your specific consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us in writing. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are cookies? Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
Manage Cookies In The Following Browsers
Website Visitor Tracking
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computers hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Downloads & Media Files
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
Contact & Communication With us
Users contacting this us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
Email Mailing List & Marketing Messages
We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe through an online automated process where they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages. The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and if it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Although we only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites)
Shortened URL’s; URL shortening is a technique used on the web to shorten URL’s (Uniform Resource Locators) to something substantially shorter. This technique is especially used in social media and looks similar to this (example: http://goo.gl/gtXAVo). Users should take caution before clicking on shortened URL links and verify their authenticity before proceeding.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.